One of the best fall flavors around is pumpkin. At this time of year, pumpkins abound and can be found in everything from baked goods to coffee flavors. One of my favorite pumpkin dishes is pumpkin pancakes. To me, there’s nothing better than sitting down to a plate full of these warm, fluffy treats on a Sunday morning. Toss in some of that pumpkin spice coffee and it’s a match made in heaven. Here is a quick and easy pumpkin pancake recipe that will bring the flavors of fall into your kitchen. Enjoy!
Light and Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
Servings: 4. Makes about six 6-inch pancakes. Recipe can be easily doubled if needed.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pinch clove
1 cup 1% low-fat milk (can be any kind)
6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg.
3. Fold wet mixture into the dry ingredients.
4. Spray or grease a skillet and heat over medium heat. Pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
5. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side.
6. Serve with butter and syrup.
Recipe courtesy of www.food.com